Here is my scouting report on Jerry Tillery, DL out of Notre Dame:
- Chases down the field
- Will get too vertical in his stance immediately after he pops up from the ground
- Extremely tall
- Took on double teams
- Constantly works his hands to fight off contact
- Excellent length to fully extend and pop with his hands. Finished with a bulljerk bull to get by.
- Good finish.
- When he stays low, his burst off the LOS is very impressive.
- Good awareness for QB stepping up in the pocket
- Swings hands around
- I feel like he needs to get better at using hands to disengage from the blocker
- Chops need to be well timed and targeted.
- He’s comfortable using his body to push the pocket rather than using his length and strength
- Occupied two blockers and bullied the first one backwards
- Good penetrating ability on club-rip
- For his size, he has solid lateral quickness to slant into gaps
- Once he gets his momentum starting, he can be a force to be reckoned with
- Pass Rush Moves: Violent club, Bull rush with long arms and then bull jerk, Bull rush into rip move around outside of blocker, Club Rip as a 3T rusher. Good sack on the QB. Hard rip up into the hands of the OG, Bulljerk-Rip might be his favorite where he pulls the shoulder down and rips under, Long arm bulljerk is also good, Will use spin counter moves to get off blocks, Bull rush strength to force LG backwards for sack
- Great strength, needs better hand refinement
- Good stunt for sack
- Engages with two hands. Pulls down with outside arm before ripping underneath with his inside hand.
- Pass rush will fail when a blocker gets inside his frame and he can’t get disengage
- Can get too high in his stance and his base will be compromised
- Will lose leverage if he doesn’t keep his pad height down.
- Will get turned on the spot.
- Can get blown back in the run game.
- Base will give out especially against double teams
- Has to get lower
- Not going to hold up against a double team