Here is my scouting report on Nick Bosa, EDGE out of Ohio State:
- Lined up as a 5t, 3t
- Good hands to keep frame clean
- Enough burst to off-balance
- More of a speed to power conversion guy or double swipe rip outside move with a club swim inside move.
- Good chase and effort. Not elite but very solid.
- Good club-swim as his inside move
- Has enough power for a bull-rush
- Great bend and hip flexibility to round the corner.
- Good at the swipe and rip around the edge. Gets blocker to stall their feet opening the path for him to rip past.
- Good hip turn. Good hand usage to keep frame clean.
- Good hip bend to rip underneath offensive tackles.
- Has the ability to win inside with a stutter feet and rip
- Great hand usage.
- Good hip turn to aim at the QB.
- Will miss in open space on quarterbacks
- Good hands swipes
- Good use of hands, good quickness.
- Speed and hand placement to get to the edge
- I think he has the ability to create speed to power bull rush but isn’t as refined as his double swipe outside move
- Commanded double teams.
- Cant use tight ends and running backs to stop him.
- Great hand usage on swipe swim move to get inside
- Amazing power and strength. Commanded double teams.
- Enough quickness to penetrate if necessary
- Game against USC was a masterpiece. Constantly in the backfield. Kept fighting and dominating his opponents.
- Can be a dominant speed to power rusher with a one arm stab
Pass rush will fail:
- Can get widened too far when he doesnt set up his hand move
- Has the ability to become a speed to power rusher but I want to see him finish with a bull-jerk.
- Can get decleated on double handswipe when he doesn’t win initially
- Feel like he needs to win with hands early or else his pass rush will stall. First move HAS to connect. Not a ton of pass rush move recovery.
- You don’t run directly at him unless you are using misdirection/zone read option because he’s too strong and his ability to disengage is too great
- Will occassionally miss handoff exchanges.
- Can lose contain after he disengages and goes inside to make a play.
- Gets up the field too quickly not realizing that plays happen behind on shuffles.
- Can control the edge with a strong, long arm getting inside the chest plate of the offensive tackle.
- Good quickness off snap, forces cutback from interior.
- Great at backside run defense. Strong hands and quickness to penetrate.
- Good hands and moves feet well across line.
- Good strength to seal edge and force run inside.
- Great outside contain ability. Peers inside with good hands and disengages.