Here is my scouting report on Jawaan Taylor, OL out of Florida.
- Big and long with very strong hands
- Knows how to use his length.
- Good hustle to stay in front of blocker with his hands on them.
- Very high potential blocker.
- Hand placement gets too high and will hit shoulders and necks.
- Scouts worry about potential weight gain.
- Will stall his feet when making impact especially around the edge. This will allow pass rushers to get around him.
- Once he gets his hands on you, he’ll stall you in place.
- Loves the double under move to lift an edge rusher’s hand placement
- Definitely grabby. Will get his hands on a player and won’t let go even when they are outside of his frame. Will get holding calls.
- Can get beaten on inside moves after setting too far outside.
- Good step and drive at the defender if he sees the inside move coming.
- Feel like he would make for a GREAT quick setter in the NFL.
- Can recover well with good foot quickness.
- Stays balanced through kick-slides.
- Can get tall at times in his stance when he’s moving to reach a player
- Can drive block with strength and power in his punches.
- Really good at using hands to lift and turn a defender’s shoulders.
- Surprising quickness off the snap to reach block and get to the second level.
- Keeps working his feet to secure blocks.
- Mid First Round
- Offensive Tackle (Right) in a gap/power scheme